By Mark Barnicutt on June 10, 2010
No matter how many times a “can’t miss” investment trend implodes, investors have demonstrated a regrettable penchant for chasing the latest short-cut to wealth creation.
At HighView, we believe to be successful, an investor must focus on the following:
In the attached article written by our Chief Investment Officer, Greg Rodger, he reviews the basics of investing so that client investors can avoid destroying hard earned wealth. Although this article was originally written in January 2008, it remains completely relevant today, especially given the ongoing current volatility of global capital markets.
To read this article, click here.
- The 5 Elements That Determine Whether a Financial Advisor Is a True Fiduciary (According to Canadian Courts) - September 18, 2018
- HighView Family Story: Retirement Plans Uncover Unclear Fee Disclosure by Investment Advisor - August 3, 2018
- The Client Dangers of Proprietary Investment Product Overload - March 28, 2018
- 7 Common Hurdles in Creating Sustainable Wealth - February 28, 2018
- Understanding Your Family Office Options - January 23, 2018
- Happy Holidays to Our Valued Clients and Their Families - December 17, 2017
- Why Do I Need an Investment “Fiduciary”? - October 17, 2017
- Dan Hallett of HighView to Be a Panelist in OSC Roundtable on Discontinuing Embedded Commissions - August 24, 2017
- What the 2017 Federal Budget Means for High Net Worth Canadians - March 28, 2017
- What Is Wealth Stewardship? - March 15, 2017