By Mark Barnicutt on December 20, 2015
As the year 2015 marked the 10th anniversary of HighView, the past few days have been a time for us to pause and reflect.
First, we’re very grateful for our clients, and the opportunity we’ve been provided over the past decade to service their investment needs. Without our clients, our firm has no purpose!
Second, we’re thankful for the team of caring and quality professionals we’ve attracted to our firm, who all share our common passion for building an investment firm where clients’ interests are placed first, and where words like objectivity, transparency, and accountability of advice mean something.
Finally, the past year has been another year of positive change at HighView. Some of our key business accomplishments that will continue to increase our fiduciary and service commitments to our clients are highlighted below:
- After almost 18 months of design and due diligence, we implemented our alternative investment mandates, in both commercial real estate and private debt, as an allocation to suitable client portfolios, which has enabled them to experience incremental cash flow yield together with reduced portfolio volatility.
- We implemented a new portfolio management system which will facilitate our commitment to industry-leading risk management and transparent portfolio reporting to our clients.
- We launched a new client relationship management system which has allowed us to increase our client service through the tracking automation of our client’s documentation and storage.
- We augmented our promise to excellent client service through the increase of our Counselling and Client Administration teams.
Our 2015 Holiday Hours
- December 24: Closed at noon
- December 25: Closed
- December 28: Closed
- December 31: Closed at noon
- January 1: Closed
We wish the best of the Holiday Season to you and your family, and we look forward to an exciting 2016!
HighView Financial Group is an investment counselling firm that becomes an outsourced Chief Investment Officer for affluent families and foundations. Schedule a complimentary discovery session to see if we’re the right investment counsellors for you.
You may also be interested in:
- 7 Warning Signs It’s Time to Change Your Investment Advisor
- High-payout Funds Are a Cash Flow Mirage
- Reduced Fund Payout Is Good But Beware of Unsavoury Sales Pitch
- The 5 Elements That Determine Whether a Financial Advisor Is a True Fiduciary (According to Canadian Courts) - September 18, 2018
- HighView Family Story: Retirement Plans Uncover Unclear Fee Disclosure by Investment Advisor - August 3, 2018
- The Client Dangers of Proprietary Investment Product Overload - March 28, 2018
- 7 Common Hurdles in Creating Sustainable Wealth - February 28, 2018
- Understanding Your Family Office Options - January 23, 2018
- Happy Holidays to Our Valued Clients and Their Families - December 17, 2017
- Why Do I Need an Investment “Fiduciary”? - October 17, 2017
- Dan Hallett of HighView to Be a Panelist in OSC Roundtable on Discontinuing Embedded Commissions - August 24, 2017
- What the 2017 Federal Budget Means for High Net Worth Canadians - March 28, 2017
- What Is Wealth Stewardship? - March 15, 2017