By Mark Barnicutt on December 16, 2016
As the holiday season approaches, we want to thank our clients and their other professionals for their continued support of HighView Financial Group over the past year.
2016 was not only the 11th anniversary of HighView, but also a year of ongoing positive change and growth in our firm.
Some of our key business accomplishments that will continue to increase our fiduciary and service commitments to our clients are highlighted below:
- The past year has been a volatile period of time in global capital markets. The use of our alternative investment mandates, which we launched in 2015 as an allocation to suitable client portfolios, has enabled our clients to experience reduced portfolio volatility together with increased incremental portfolio yields during a time of unprecedented low global interest rates.
- Using new technologies that were implemented in 2015, we’ve enhanced our portfolio management processes for our clients, including the automated monitoring of client portfolios against their Investment Policy Statements, new quarterly client statements, as well as state-of-the-art trading systems.
- We continued to invest in our HighView Team and our thoughtful and experienced client service through the expansion of both of our Counselling and Wealth Planning teams. The addition of experienced professionals such as Loren Francis and Ian Calvert speaks to this commitment.
We’re grateful for the team of caring and quality professionals we’ve attracted to our firm, as they all share our common passion for building an investment firm where clients’ interests are placed first, and where words like objectivity, transparency, and accountability of advice mean something.
Our 2016 Holiday Hours
- December 23: Closed at noon.
- December 26: Closed.
- December 27: Closed.
- December 30: Closed at noon.
- January 2: Closed.
We wish the best of the holiday season to you and your family, and we look forward to an exciting 2017.
HighView Financial Group is an investment counselling firm that becomes an outsourced Chief Investment Officer for affluent families and foundations. Schedule a complimentary discovery session to see if we’re the right investment counsellors for you.
You may also be interested in:
- True Portfolio Transparency: The Complete Unbundling of Service Providers and Their Fees
- Investment Industry Participants Finding a Chair before the Music Stops
- Making an Impact: Aligning Values with Investment
- The 5 Elements That Determine Whether a Financial Advisor Is a True Fiduciary (According to Canadian Courts) - September 18, 2018
- HighView Family Story: Retirement Plans Uncover Unclear Fee Disclosure by Investment Advisor - August 3, 2018
- The Client Dangers of Proprietary Investment Product Overload - March 28, 2018
- 7 Common Hurdles in Creating Sustainable Wealth - February 28, 2018
- Understanding Your Family Office Options - January 23, 2018
- Happy Holidays to Our Valued Clients and Their Families - December 17, 2017
- Why Do I Need an Investment “Fiduciary”? - October 17, 2017
- Dan Hallett of HighView to Be a Panelist in OSC Roundtable on Discontinuing Embedded Commissions - August 24, 2017
- What the 2017 Federal Budget Means for High Net Worth Canadians - March 28, 2017
- What Is Wealth Stewardship? - March 15, 2017