By Loren Francis on May 29, 2017
The Responsible Investment Association (“RIA”) and HighView Financial Group announced today that HighView has joined the RIA as an Associate Member.
“We are very pleased to welcome HighView Financial Group as an Associate Member of the Responsible Investment Association.
HighView has demonstrated its commitment to responsible investment, and we look forward to working with them to continue advancing the incorporation of environmental, social and governance factors into Canadians’ investment decisions.”
- Deb Abbey, Chief Executive Officer of the Responsible Investment Association.
“HighView is excited to join the Responsible Investment Association. We are committed to incorporating ESG principles in the investment strategies we offer through our platform of investment managers. Among our families and foundations there is a growing interest about investing for social impact. All investments have an impact on our environment and community, and we can all play a part in ensuring a more sustainable environment through the investment decisions we make.
While our Portfolio Strategy Group already formally includes and evaluates ESG principles as part of our ongoing due diligence, monitoring and evaluation of the investment managers we partner with, we look forward to working with the Responsible Investment Association to continue our thought leadership and advancement of policy design as it pertains to ESG/RI and Social Impact investments.”
- Loren Francis, Stewardship Counsellor & Principal, and member of the HighView Portfolio Strategy Committee.
For more information about ESG/RI and social impact investing, read Loren’s article “Making an Impact: Aligning Values with Investment”.
About the Responsible Investment Association
The Responsible Investment Association (RIA) is Canada’s leader on responsible investment (RI). RI refers to the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into the selection and management of investments.
They are a national, membership-based organization composed of financial institutions, mutual fund companies, investment firms, financial advisors, and various organizations and individuals who practice and support responsible investing. The RIA and its members strongly believe that RI is a valuable investment tool to enhance returns, reduce risk, and catalyze positive societal change.
HighView is an experienced investment counselling firm for affluent Canadian families and foundations. We would be happy to discuss our goals-based investment approach with you and your professional advisors.
View our videos for a better understanding of a variety of investment and asset management topics.
You may also be interested in:
- How We Measure Investment Performance for Transparency and Consistency
- What the 2017 Federal Budget Means for High Net Worth Canadians
- Loren Francis Appointed to HighView Portfolio Strategy Committee
- Application of Impact Investing - May 5, 2021
- Strategic Philanthropy: Many Paths to Choose Part 2: Philanthropic Ways to Give - November 12, 2020
- Strategic Philanthropy: Many Paths to Choose Part 1: Designing A Philanthropy Strategy - October 15, 2020