By Mark Barnicutt on February 10, 2017
HighView is pleased to announce that Stewardship Counsellor and Principal Loren Francis has now been appointed to our Portfolio Strategy Committee.
The HighView Portfolio Strategy Committee leads the way to ensure we make the right investment decisions to meet our clients’ needs and goals, including analysis and due diligence on investment manager selection, adjusting to shifting markets, working closely with the investment managers we recommend, and monitoring process and performance.
Finding skilled and appropriate investment managers is essential to HighView’s asset management process on behalf of clients. Loren enters her new role with a strong belief in the importance of due diligence and thorough review to ensure the investment managers chosen best reflect clients’ investment mandate requirements.
Loren has 24 years of experience working in the capital markets as a relationship and portfolio manager, and as an investment banker. She has both a depth and breadth of experience regarding building trusted relationships with families, understanding client investment objectives and requirements, designing investment policy statements, ensuring timely reviews and client service, and understanding the analysis of investment opportunities and research.
Loren’s years of experience provide her with a comprehensive understanding of the inner workings of investment management firms, as well as knowledge of what to look for when investing in companies. We are confident she will add great value to the Portfolio Strategy Committee as it reviews, recommends, and monitors our third party investment managers. Loren also has a particular interest in Social Impact Investing and will be responsible for growing our understanding in the ESG and Social Impact space.
“I am very pleased to be a part of this team; I believe the work we do at HighView is instrumental in helping clients achieve their investment goals. This role allows me to apply my years of expertise in the industry while continuing to explore new investment opportunities for our clients.”
- Loren Francis, Stewardship Counsellor and Principal, HighView
Please join us in welcoming Loren to the Portfolio Strategy Committee!
HighView is Canada’s outsourced Chief Investment Officer. Get to know us at a complimentary discovery session and see if we’re the right team for you.
Read Loren’s in-depth article, “Making an Impact: Aligning Values with Investment”.
You may also be interested in:
- Understanding Pool Funds [Video]
- CRM2 Update – 2017 Is the Year for Positive Change
- Concerns with “Fund Facts” and “ETF Facts” Risk Ratings
- Loren Francis Appointed to HighView Portfolio Strategy Committee - February 10, 2017
- Join Us for the “Choose Your Alternative Wisely” Seminar in Toronto on March 2! - January 31, 2017
- CRM2 Update – 2017 Is the Year for Positive Change - January 20, 2017
- Season’s Greetings to Our Valued Investors and Their Families - December 16, 2016
- True Portfolio Transparency: The Complete Unbundling of Service Providers and Their Fees - December 9, 2016
- Integrated Wealth Management Advice for Affluent Canadian Families: Part 4 – The 5 Costs of One-Stop-Shop Wealth Advice - October 12, 2016
- Welcoming Loren Francis to the HighView Team! - August 2, 2016
- Integrated Wealth Management Advice for Affluent Canadian Families: Part 3 – Convenience vs. Competency - June 23, 2016
- Integrated Wealth Management Advice for Affluent Canadian Families: Part 2 – Are the Needs of High Net Worth Clients Met? - June 9, 2016
- Challenges Facing Foundations Seeking Effective Asset Management (And the Solution!) - April 26, 2016