By Adam Laird on February 2, 2016
As independent stewards of wealth for affluent Canadian families and foundations, it is our passion to inform and educate investors.
To that end, we have created a new video series called “Debunking Myths of the Investment Industry in Canada”.
Within this series we have identified five prominent myths that are found in the investment community. Throughout each video, we will debunk and explain each of the myths, helping investors to make educated decisions.
Five Investment Industry Myths in Canada
- Relative Benchmarking
- Appropriate Measures of Success
- Diversification vs. Diworsification (or Dilution)
- Economic Growth versus Stock Market Performance
Watch the video below to learn a bit more about each of these five upcoming topics:
Stay tuned this Thursday for our first full video in the series: debunking relative benchmarking!
HighView is an experienced boutique investment counselling firm for affluent Canadian families and foundations. We would be happy to discuss our goals-based investment approach with you and your professional advisors.
You may also be interested in:
- Why Hire a Professional Chief Investment Officer when You Can Just “Do It Yourself”?
- HighView’s 8 Founding Principles for Wealth Management [Video]
- Reduced Fund Payout Is Good But Beware of Unsavoury Sales Pitch
- Understanding Pool Funds [Video] - January 27, 2017
- F-Class Funds: Trick or Treat [Video] - September 27, 2016
- Join Us for Warren MacKenzie’s Session at The MoneyShow Toronto! - August 30, 2016
- 5 Important Steps for Downsizing Your Family Home [Video] - April 8, 2016
- What the 2016 Federal Budget Means for High Net Worth Canadians [Video] - March 25, 2016
- Debunking the Investment Industry: Is Your Investment Portfolio Structured for Relative or Absolute Benchmarking? [Video] - February 4, 2016
- Debunking Myths of the Investment Industry in Canada Video Series - February 2, 2016
- Why Hire a Professional Chief Investment Officer when You Can Just “Do It Yourself”? - January 28, 2016
- HighView’s 8 Founding Principles for Wealth Management [Video] - January 8, 2016
- Management Expense Ratio: True Disclosure from CRM Phase 2 - September 11, 2015